Free checks carried out on almost 7,000 bottles of spirits found that 40 contained potentially lethal amounts of methanol, the Czech Republic’s chief hygiene officer, Vladimír Valenta, said on Thursday. Mr. Valenta said the tests, which were carried out by officials from his agency, could have saved the lives of the owners of the spirits. Last year 42 people died in the Czech Republic from drinking poisonous bootleg booze and the sale of all spirits was banned for a fortnight.
Jana Ciglerová: Americans say their lives are fantastic, Czechs say everything is terrible – neither is true
Study: Demand for new flats in Prague set to keep outstripping supply
“There is good, better and then there is the USSR.” – New book depicts life in communist Czechoslovakia through memories of people who experienced it
CzechTourism head hints attracting tourists no longer agency’s main goal
“The only solution is political” – Organisers of major anti-government protests in Czechia announce plans for the future