Poisoned alcohol has claimed a 36th victim in the Czech Republic, a 64-year-old man who was found dead in his home in the region of Moravia-Silesia. Twenty-two people in the region have died since bootleg alcohol containing lethal amounts of methyl was released onto the Czech market in mid-September. At the weekend, a couple from Havířov who consumed laced alcohol fell ill and were hospitalised: one of them, a 48-year-old woman, was in critical condition, but doctors managed to stabilise the patient. The authorities have repeatedly warned individuals not to consume hard liquor of unknown origin ie. bottles lacking new excise stamps.
Czech researchers develop top-grade respirator for 3D printing
Why Chinese masks destined for Italy were seized (not ‘stolen’) by Czech authorities
A mask-tree as a form of solidarity
Economist Tomáš Sedláček: A positive look at the coronavirus crisis
Government to extend restrictions on movement until April 1st