The junior coalition party, Public Affairs, will lodge a criminal complaint against General Health Insurance Company (VZP) board members who promoted a project for electronic health records called IZIP and were simultaneously its shareholders. The party also asked its representatives on the board of the state-run VZP, the country´s biggest health insurer, to propose the dismissal of VZP board chairman and director Pavel Horak. Party chairman Radek John said he will not yet specify who the complaint has been lodged against. Controversies that have accompanied IZIP project for the last decade have intensified in recent weeks, since VZP procured 51% of the company’s shares. The remaining 49% is in the possession of an unknown Swiss company to which the project´s founders transferred their shares earlier this year.
Beijing ends agreement with Prague – but can spat harm Czech capital?
Czechia now ahead of Spain in GDP per capita, but still below EU average
Czechs observe day of mourning for pop idol Karel Gott
Thousands pay tribute to deceased national pop icon Karel Gott
In memoriam: Karel Gott, the ‘Bohemian nightingale’