A 55-year-old man died of methanol poisoning in the north Moravian town of Havířov on Monday. The man was admitted to hospital on 3 September in critical condition. He is the 25th victim of the recent outbreak of methanol poisonings, and the 15th in the Moravia-Silesian region. In the meantime, a hospital in the nearby city of Ostrava admitted yet another methanol patient, in serious, but not critical condition. The patient was administered the Norwegian antidote drug Fomepizol.
Czech researchers develop top-grade respirator for 3D printing
“I am taking it minute by minute” – Foreigners in the Czech Republic on quarantine and being cut off from their families
Czech Republic goes into quarantine to slow down coronavirus spread
A mask-tree as a form of solidarity
Czechs resort to making DIY facemasks in face of their shortage